Everyone loves to have straight aligned teeth,. The most common way of teeth alignment is braces. People believe that braces are most effective treatment for aligning teeth. One major disadvantage of wearing braces is the discomfort and pain that dental patients usually experience when having braces placed. It will run through the teeth and cause sensitivity that will render the teeth prone to dental pain.
Clear Aligners are an alternative to traditional braces and are designed to help guide teeth into their proper position. Similar to braces, clear aligners use a gradual force to control tooth movement, but without metal wires or brackets. The aligners are made of a strong plastic material and are fabricated to fit each person’s mouth. If a series of aligners are made, each aligner moves the teeth a little bit more into place until the desired movement is completed. Aligners are worn for at least 20 hours a day to reach the desired maximum effectiveness. Each aligner is worn for three weeks before changing to the next one. The length of treatment with aligners depends upon the severity of each case. Typically, aligner treatment can be as short as three weeks or as long as six months. Still, a much shorter treatment than traditional braces.
Some of the other advantages of clear aligners and clear braces include:
- Approximating the treatment duration a little more precisely than braces
- Avoiding extractions of premolars by creating inter dental space via interproximal reduction
- Less frequent visits to the dental chair by allowing the patients to replace their aligners on their own every few weeks
- Healthier periodontal tissue and less risk of enamel decalcificationby avoiding brackets
- Aesthetics: Clear aligners are often not visible, allowing patients to smile with greater confidence.
- The comfortable plastic and its smooth edges never hurts your gum, tongue or teeth.
Dr. Aishwarya vats