Realtooth is one of the few private clinics not only in Lucknow but in India to offer laser assisted root canals with Diode laser system. In our quest to provide International quality root canal treatments, our experienced Endodontists use a Dental operating microscope to provide relatively precise, superior and predictable Root canals. An additional value addition for Root canal treatment is the use of a Rubber dam. Use of the rubber dam for root canals ensures relatively painless root canals.
In keeping up with our philosophy of “education first” our root canal treatment experts are well trained on the use of the Dental operating microscope and proficient in the use of the rubber dam for the comfort of the patient.
Modern trends in Root canal treatment such as Rotary instrumentation, Use of Electronic Apex Locator, Endosonic Cleaning, 3D Filling of root canal system, Laser disinfection and the Dental operating microscope’s incorporated at RealTooth enables the root canal treatment to be relatively painless and quick. At RealTooth RCT is routinely done using these technologies in single sittings.
The clinical benefits of using Magnification [Microscopic Endodontic] for Root Canal Treatments are;
- Complex treatment of perforations and removal of separated files, posts, calcified canals and other obstructions can be done more successfully and in a conventional manner thus avoiding surgery.
- Increased success during re-treatment procedures.
- Increased visual aid helps to see the surgical anatomy to locate canals in teeth with different anatomy.
- Tooth fractures can be easily identified, allowing for early diagnosis increased accuracy.
- Microscopic Endodontic at RealTooth has enhanced our capability in performing clinical procedures that were previously unpredictable and frequently impossible to accomplish.
Root Canal Treatment Procedure at Realtooth Clinic in Lucknow
If your tooth’s nerve chamber becomes infected by decay, root canal treatment is often the only way to save your tooth. Inside your tooth’s hard outer shell is a nourishing pulp of blood vessels, lymph vessels and nerves. The root canal forms a pathway for vessels and nerves to extend to the bone. Deep tooth decay or injury can cause serious damage and infection to the pulp’s nerves and vessels. Root canal, also known as endodontic, treatment cleans out the infected pulp chamber and canals.
Some indications for the need of root canal treatment may be
- Spontaneous pain or throbbing.
- Pain while biting or chewing.
- Sensitivity to hot and cold.
- Severe decay or injury that causes an abscess (infection) in the bone surrounding the tooth.
- Traumatic injury exposing the nerve.
Steps followed by our Dental Experts in the process of Root Canal Treatment
Step 1: After the tooth is anesthetized, an opening is made through the tooth into the pulp chamber (nerves).
Step 2: The lengths of the roots’ canals are determined.
Step 3: Unhealthy pulp is removed. Canals are cleaned, enlarged and shaped using progressively larger endodontic files.
Step 4: Canals are filled and sealed. A metal post (pin) may be added for structural support or to retain restorative materials.
Step 5: The tooth is sealed with a temporary filling. After your root canal treatment your tooth will require a crown (cap) to be placed.
Step 6: Filling of the tooth.
Step 7: Crown to be placed on the tooth.
Post Root Canal Treatment a patient must follow the Instructions
- Do not eat till the anesthesia wears off.
- Consumption of liquids is permitted.
- Take a pain-killer.
- Do not eat from that tooth for the next 48 hrs.
- The tooth will be sensitive to chewing for 5/6 days.
Most of Patients ask the following questions from our dental experts
- Is root canal treatment painful?
As, root canals are done under local anesthesia, it is a painless procedure. Moreover; with the rotary machines available today; the procedure is so much faster than doing the same with hand filing, But at Realtooth we offer the painless dentistry.
- How many sittings are required for a root canal?
At Realtooth, in most of the cases we complete the treatment in a single sitting only but in few cases it depends on the degree of infection. Only in cases of swelling or severe pain /infection; the number of sittings may increase.
- Why is a crown required after Root canal treatment?
After RCT the tooth tends to become weak and brittle and prone to fracture. That’s why after RCT a crown is very important to protect the tooth and holds it together. Placing a crown helps the tooth to be able to withstand chewing forces and to function as a normal tooth. Moreover, it completes the sealing of the tooth, preventing breakage of root canal filling and infection.
- Can a badly broken tooth also be treated with root canal treatment at Realtooth Dental Clinic?
Unless the tooth is split in two or as long as at least one mm of tooth is visible all around, the tooth can be treated by our Team of Expert Dentists. In such cases the tooth is reinforced with additional structure called Post and core that acts as foundation of the tooth to withstand chewing forces.
- When is root canal treatment suggested instead of a simple filling?
When any decay/trauma/wear of the tooth invades the innermost section consisting of nerves and blood vessels (liquid media), nothing solid (filling) can be placed over it and as the infection spreads into the roots; the blood and nerve tissues need to be taken out along with the infection.
- What is the significance of saving the tooth by Root canal and capping?
Saving the tooth helps keep the surrounding bone intact and opposing teeth in ideal position thus preserving the adjacent teeth from collateral damage. What is the success rate of RCT?
At Realtooth Dental Clinics in Lucknow, Root Canal Treatment has a success rate of more than 95% thanks to our Lucknow’s most experienced team of dental experts & advanced materials available to perform the procedures today such as Apex locators and digital x-rays to ensure accuracy; rotary instruments and fiber posts with core build up materials to improve the strength of tooth and CAD-CAM precision crowns bonded chemically to the tooth.
If you are looking for the best root canal treatment dentists, who offer Painless Dentistry in Lucknow, you should book an appointment with us on +91-8881900300 or visit us at any of your nearby clinic in lucknow at Mahanagar, Hazratganj, Gomti Nagar.